How to Use On Page Optimization to Get Your Home Business Website Ranked
First of all, if you’re new to Internet marketing and owning a home business online you’re most likely not familiar with the term on page optimization. Simply put, this is the process of making your web pages attractive to the major search engines so your website will rank highly in searches related to your topic or your keywords.
Here are the most important things you can do on your web pages to get noticed by Google and company:
1. Keyword density is a must on each of your pages with the rule of thumb being no less than 1 to 3 keywords for each 100 words of text. However, you have to be careful not to add too many of these phrases because stuffing a page, as it’s called, can back fire as the search engines are on the look out for such behavior and, if they notice, this can reduce your traffic dramatically.
2. You must update your content on a regular basis and it has to be original, quality information. You can’t recycle other people’s articles or videos because once again this will get you noticed but not in a positive way and your traffic numbers will suffer as a result.
3. You should add your keywords to your page title, to your opening paragraph and to your last paragraph. You should also sprinkle them throughout the body of your pages as we mentioned earlier.
4. Link to other pages on your home business site and not just to other independent websites. Back links, of course, are very important but it’s also paramount to connect to each of your other web pages from your home page and these pages to each other using your keywords as anchor text.
5. For each page on your website you should have your main keyword for that particular page in your title, in your page description and in your Meta tags.
6. You should have your main keywords included in your H1 and H2 tags for each of your web pages so Google will notice.
Once you’ve completed this process your next step is building back links which is a major component of your off page optimization plan and is another step that’s critical for your online success in terms of targeted traffic and sales.
However, in combination with on page optimization both techniques are vital for getting your home business website ranked on the first page of the major search engines and this processes should be strictly adhered to for every page on your website.